Renewable energy production company with the following characteristics:
- More than 60 hydro-power plants
- 19 solar power plants
- Another alternative energy plants: pumped-storage, geothermal, wind, tidal
- Installed electricity generation capacity about 40 GW
- Automate relay setting development process for Generators, MV, HV and Operating AC DC Voltage Systems protection devices.
- Prevent relays mis-operations caused by changes in the power system by performing coordination on schedule
Goals and figures achieved
- High automation level for relay settings calculations (more than 80% operations are automated)
- Reducing the number of accidents due to wrong relay settings calculation and configuration
- Elimination human error due to data transfer between separate programs
- 60 % growth in personnel’s productivity.
As a result of the project:
- Compilation of relay setting guidelines for HPP/PSPP.
- Development of new setting calculations modules:
- Operating AC DC Voltage Systems protection devices and cable lines calculating and validation module
- Protection calculations, coordination and cable verifications module for MV auxiliaries’ grid
- Generators relay setting calculations module
- Predictive relay operation analysis for the entire system
- Development of digital twins for Generators relays and MV, LV protection devices
- Verification of relay digital twins based on the oscillographs of the real emergency process
End-to-end digital technologies used in the project:
- Mathematical modeling of normal and emergency operation modes of relay protection and automation devices, including electromagnetic transition process
- Development of digital twins for primary and secondary power equipment for HPP/PSPP.
Development and introduction of the automated relay calculation and coordination software system
Creating corporate library of relay calculation guidelines guaranteed by software